- Make sure the extension domain is whitelisted on Tableau Online/Server.
- Webserver services content with proper
- Extensions feature is turned on, on Tableau Online/Server.
- The Extension server/domain has a valid SSL Certificate.
- Tableau Online/Server has access to the Extension Server to load the extension.
You can find any issues by doing the following: While running on Tableau Online/Server in the browser open the “console” tab in Chrome Developer’s tools. To open the developers tools can be done via: Hamburger menu top right > More Tools > Developer tools. Refresh the page while the developers tools is open. Now you can see if there any issue while embedding.
Note: Tableau will show warnings with something like: ‘cannot load source map’ by default, these are not caused by our extensions. They can be identified based on the domain of the url that it warns with.
Make sure to follow our installation guide to setup the right configuration!
CSP Header error or X-Frame-Options error.
Make sure the following headers are properly set:
Content-Security-Policy: frame-ancestors 'self' *.online.tableau.com;
For Tableau Server
*.online.tableau.com should be your domain.
Check all security headers with the following website: https://securityheaders.com/